Based in New Haven,Connecticut with an intention to build a strong network throughout the New York + New England region, ClimateHaven provides incubation space, accelerator programming and valuable connections for startups that will deliver the solutions we need to propel us towards carbon neutrality and create a healthy planet for all. Learn more about our founding here.
Our incubator associate will support the success of ClimateHaven’s entrepreneurs in a wide variety of ways. Working closely with the managing director for incubation, the incubator associate will be the first point of contact for ClimateHaven members, ensuring they receive the help they need from the appropriate staff members. The associate will support members directly in myriad ways, for example: by developing PowerPoint decks, performing industry research, inputting and analyzing critical data. The associate will also support recruitment of new ventures, occasional marketing projects, the optimal functioning of our physical space, and other duties and projects that emerge.
This is a role for a multitalented individual. The incubator associate will help administer the incubator management software, our shared email inboxes, and our customer relationship management software systems. The associate will also cover the front desk regularly—an opportunity to work with members and guests, which all ClimateHaven staff will share to varying degrees—and will manage the front desk staffing schedule. This role involves developing and maintaining excellent relationships with our entrepreneurs. This can also be a physical role, requiring occasionally lifting and moving weighty objects, such as packages, chairs, and tables. Finally, the role involves supporting ClimateHaven events, some of which occur in the evening. The role will report to ClimateHaven’s managing director--incubation. The role is onsite, five days a week.
You are a motivated, curious, flexible person with high standards for quality and an interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment (re: a growing organization that is designed to support inspiring entrepreneurs). In addition, eight attributes + skills are very useful:
1. Strong project management skills, with the capacity to proficiently use our technology stack;
2. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the willingness to be a spokesperson for our community at workshops, programs, and member gatherings;
3. A talent for clear visual design;
4. Aptitude for internet research and the capability to present robust results with clarity;
5. Ability to receive, prioritize and act on information with minimal oversight to solve problems effectively;
6. Strong customer service abilities;
7. Dedication to diversity and accessibility within the ClimateHaven community;
8. A sense of humor and a willingness to take feedback from startup members, partners, and investors to improve our service routinely, and to make participation in the ClimateHaven community a source of inspiration, value, and even joy.
ClimateHaven strives to create an environment where its team members enjoy the hard work of advancing breakthrough climate technologies. Beyond a positive environment, we offer:
1. Competitive salary + annual incentive bonus;
2. 401k program with a company match up to 4% of your eligible salary;
3. Paid time off (PTO) + company holidays; and
4. Insurance benefits, including many employer paid options from which to choose.
ClimateHaven is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. We actively encourage candidates from broad, diverse backgrounds to apply.