Based in New Haven,Connecticut with an intention to build a strong network throughout the New York + New England region, ClimateHaven provides incubation space, accelerator programming and valuable connections for startups that will deliver the solutions we need to propel us towards carbon neutrality and create a healthy planet for all. Learn more about our founding here.
The ClimateHaven community is based in our physical space in downtown New Haven, CT. Our operations associate will be responsible for creating a well-functioning, fully equipped and provisioned workspace for our members and guests. Working closely with the managing director for incubation, the operations associate will help manage ClimateHaven’s facilities, including but not limited to: Opening and closing the office, handling the mail and special deliveries, ensuring equipment, kitchen, bathrooms, etc. are in good standing, and interfacing with vendors and cleaners to ensure their access to the space. The operations associate will support member operational needs to help them build their technology and businesses. This may include supporting member wi-fi and printer access, special operational requests, and other reasonable needs related to ClimateHaven facilities that emerge.
The operations associate is a physical role, requiring being in the space much of the day, particularly in the mornings and end of day. The role involves lifting and moving heavy objects frequently. It also involves covering the front desk regularly—an opportunity to work with members and guests that all ClimateHaven staff will share. This work involves developing and maintaining relationships with our entrepreneurs, requiring proficient verbal and written communication skills. Finally, the role involves supporting ClimateHaven events, some of which occur in the evening. The role will report to ClimateHaven’s managing director-incubation. The role is onsite, five days a week.
You are a motivated, flexible person with high standards for quality and an interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment (re: a growing organization that is designed to support inspiring entrepreneurs). In addition, seven attributes + skills are very useful:
1. Problem solving skills;
2. Ability to receive, prioritize and act on information with minimal oversight;
3. Excellent customer service abilities;
4. Proficiency with a variety of technologies and the curiosity to build new technology skills;
5. Dedication to diversity and accessibility within the ClimateHaven community, to serve the climate movement and the city of New Haven well;
6. Commitment to help ClimateHaven entrepreneurs and staff develop relationships that lead to long-term value for everyone involved;
7. A sense of humor and a willingness to take feedback from startup members, partners, and investors to improve our service routinely, and to make participation in the ClimateHaven community a source of inspiration, value, and even joy.
ClimateHaven strives to create an environment where its team members enjoy the hard work of advancing breakthrough climate technologies. Beyond a positive environment, we offer:
1. Competitive salary + annual incentive bonus;
2. 401k program with a company match up to 4% of your eligible salary;
3. Paid time off (PTO) + company holidays; and
4. Insurance benefits, including many employer paid options from which to choose.
ClimateHaven is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. We actively encourage candidates from broad, diverse backgrounds to apply.