Based in New Haven,Connecticut with an intention to build a strong network throughout the New York + New England region, ClimateHaven provides incubation space, accelerator programming and valuable connections for startups that will deliver the solutions we need to propel us towards carbon neutrality and create a healthy planet for all. Learn more about our founding here.
Community is at the core of ClimateHaven. Our Startup Engagement Manager will develop and manage meaningful ways to engage our climate tech entrepreneurs with one another, the passionate individuals and organizations who support them, and their local and global communities. Working closely with the Director of Community and Marketing, the manager will develop valuable workshops, programs, and events while building strong feedback loops to ensure the startup founders benefit from our community and build lasting connections with each other and the greater ClimateHaven ecosystem.
The manager will foster relationship-building among our networks of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, and New Haven-area community partners through expert communication skills and excellent organization. Building strong relationships with investors will be particularly important. The manager will work to identify ways in which ClimateHaven can form strategic relationships with individual investors, family offices, and investment firms to support the growth of ClimateHaven startups. The manager, along with all staff members, will regularly participate in front-of-house management including event planning and execution, and front-desk services. The manager must work at varying speeds and be available to work evenings approximately twice monthly. The role is onsite, five days a week. The role will report to ClimateHaven’s Director of Community and Marketing.
You are a curious, motivated, and flexible person with an interest in working in a very entrepreneurial environment (re: a growing organization that is designed to support inspiring entrepreneurs). In addition, eight attributes + skills are very useful:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
2. 2+ years of professional experience planning and/or executing programing in support of entrepreneurship and/or innovation;
3. Strong project management skills, with the capacity to proficiently use our technology stack;
4. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the willingness to be a spokesperson for our community at workshops, programs, and member gatherings;
5. Ability to receive, prioritize and act on information with minimal oversight;
6. Dedication to diversity and accessibility within the ClimateHaven community, to serve the climate movement and the city of New Haven well;
7. Commitment to help ClimateHaven entrepreneurs and staff develop relationships with investors and partners that lead to long-term value for everyone involved;
8. A sense of humor and a willingness to take feedback from startup members, partners, and investors to improve our programming routinely, and to make participation in the ClimateHaven community a source of inspiration, value, and even joy.
ClimateHaven strives to create an environment where its team members enjoy the hard work of advancing breakthrough climate technologies. Beyond a positive environment, we offer:
1. Competitive salary + annual incentive bonus;
2. 401k program with a company match up to 4% of your eligible salary;
3. Paid time off (PTO) + company holidays; and
4. Insurance benefits, including many employer paid options from which to choose.
ClimateHaven is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. We actively encourage candidates from broad, diverse backgrounds to apply.